We proudly support our community and are happy to provide donations to support our community.
(*we do reserve the right to make contacts to verify honest and event prior to donation.)
- Sweet Corn Festival donations for silent auction (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Swamp Fox Festival Side Walk sales participant (2014) (2015) (2016)
- Cancer fund raiser for silent auction (2013)
- Marion Library Adult Summer reading program basket of lots of goodies (2014)
- Springville community holiday program donations (2014, 2105, 2016)
- Up-Town Marion: The Chocolate Walk (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Novak-Linn-Mar: Trunk or Treat (2014); Wilkins-Linn-Mar: Trunk or Treat (2017)
- Linn-Mar Fall/winter programs supporter (2014-15)
- Metro Youth Football supporter / programs (2012)
- Silent Auction Wilkins–Linn-Mar (2012, 2013,2015)
- Up-Town MARION Quilt walk participant (2014)
- Schedule affords a lot of volunteering of time in community including Linn-Mar (Novak-2014, Excelsior 2012, 2013, 2014, Wilkins 2012,2013, 2014, 2016, 2017)
- 2014 participant in UP-TOWN Chocolate Walk welcoming around 400 customers 2014; 2015, 2016, 2017
- 2014 participated in Up-Town Peppermint Walk welcoming over 375 customers that evening.
- 2014: rang the bell for Salvation Army and completely filled our kettle 12-24-14 (one adult volunteered/one worked the store making it all possible) and two of our sons helped. FUN FUN FUN-recommend everyone do it!
- Members of the Marion Chamber of Commerce 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18
- Uptown Marion Members (same years as Chamber)
- Active in the Uptown Retail Promotions Committee 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Ruthie and Bryan Dolezal, UpTown Retail Promotions Committee Volunteer Award, November 2017, Treasure Chest Collectibles (UpTown Marion)
- Rang the bell for Salvation Army 12/24/15; 12/24/16
- Supporting ARC (Eastern Iowa ARC in Cedar Rapids)
- Supporter of Horizons and annual Valentine’s Day lunchbox fundraiser (2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017)
- Supporter of Linn Mar Foundation
- Members of the Czech and Slovak Museum 2016-2017, 2017-2018
- Hosts of Brew Nost 2017
- Members of Bruce More 2017-2018
- Members of Granger House 2017-18
- Eat, Drink and Be Marion (open for it) 2015 and 2016
- Support Youth when asked (girl scouts, boy scouts, Marion parks and rec program youth fundraisers, adopt families at the holidays, SHOP HABITATE FOR HUMANITY and TREASURES (both help our community and people living in it), donate to the food pantries, donate to our religious affiliation and support events at many others in the community as it takes ALL OF US, and we are just a small part of a great place to be (in our OWN STORE, in OUR OWN TOWN, in our OWN COMMUNITY, in our OWN STATE–LIFE IS GREAT!!!!}
We strongly support our community through the STORE and because it is THE RIGHT THING TO DO, and we encourage our community members to do the same, help others, be a friend, be a neighbor, and enjoy our beloved, beautiful MARION: a place to live, grow, love, be yourself, be creative, all in YOUR MARION.
PLEASE NOTE: (we would also support Marion Independent School…..have not ‘reached out on our own” to do so) AND we OFFICIALLY PUT AN END TO THAT!!! 2018, we WILL have an advertisement in the High School Annual! Thank you for coming in and asking us to support MARION school.